The steps listed below are part of the Matriculation process that you may choose to be exempt from. Under certain conditions students may not be required to complete some of these steps. Please contact the Admissions & Records office at 559-675-4848, or see the Matriculation Checklist.

High School Graduates

  1. File a completed application and a Residency statement with the Admissions Office (Madera Community College Center, 30277 Ave 12, Madera, CA 93638). On-Line Admissions Application
  2. Request the high school to forward one complete transcript to the Admissions Office, or if appropriate, present a certificate of proficiency awarded by the State Board of Education.
  3. Complete the Online Orientation to Reedley College and activate your college email account.
  4. Arrange an appointment with a college counselor or advisor.

NOTE: Any high school graduate who has earned less than a "C" average in grades 10, 11, and 12, excluding P.E. and Military Science, will enter the college on a provisional status and will be urged to participate in special counseling services. Any non-graduate will also be urged to participate in special counseling

Non-High School Graduates

  1. An applicant to the district college who is eighteen (18) years of age or older and is not a high school graduate, may enroll as a provisional student for twelve (12) semester units or more for one semester, with the stipulation that in order to enroll for subsequent semesters as a full-time student he/she must earn a 1.75 GPA in the units attempted.
  2. This regulation does not apply to part-time students.
  3. This regulation does not apply to students who successfully complete a California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) or the General Education Development test (GED) with scores equivalent to a high school diploma. Acceptable GED scores are 45 overall, with no subtest lower than 35.
  4. Complete items 1, 3 and 4 under High School Graduates above.

Transfer Students

  1. File a completed application and residency statement with the Admissions Office.
  2. File one official transcript of college records.
  3. Plan a program of studies to meet your objective. (Help in program planning may be obtained by contacting the college the month preceding registration.)

NOTE: A student transferring from another college who does not have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or has earned less than a 2.0 for the previous semester's work may enter on probation. A student disqualified by another institution must file a petition with the Academic Standards Committee and gain approval prior to registration. This petition must be filed not later than one week before the first day of school in the semester for which the student seeks admission.

Current High School Students

(High School Enrichment Program) High school juniors and seniors (11th and 12th grades) may be admitted to regular college classes on a part-time basis. Admission requires permission of the high school and the college. For students in the 10th grade and below, a signed agreement between the governing boards must be on file. Students should file a completed application for the Fifteen Percent Program by August 1 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.

Call Adminissions and Records for more information - (559) 675-4800

Part-time Students

  1. Students Students enrolled for fewer than 12 units: A part-time student who is seeking the Associate Degree must submit:
    • An application for admission
    • One high school transcript
    • One college transcript from each college previously attended.
    • Complete the Online Orientation 
Apply For Admission
Campus Map
Class Schedules
Faculty/staff Directory
Financial Aid &
Human Resources
Crime Alert
District Police
Measure C
Other Colleges
Reedley College
Madera Community College at Oakhurst
Fresno City College
Clovis College
State Center Community
College District (SCCCD)
Progress & Performance
Strategic Planning
Associate Degree
For Transfer
Student Success
Gainful Employment
Net Price Calculator