Please complete the HSE Registration Packet.
Steps to enroll in the High school Enrichment Program:
- Complete an online college application and choose (Term Applying for, e.g. Summer/Fall 2022) High School Enrich/DUAL Enrollment under “Term applying For”.
- Complete the fillable HSE Registration Packet. The form is set up as a fill and sign document. If you are unable to electronically sign the form, please print and sign the document.
- Meet with your high school counselor for packet approval and to choose a course.
- Your counselor must attach a copy of your high school transcript to the packet.
- Next, your high school principal must sign the form.
- If you are in grade 10 or below, you must include letters of recommendation from your high school principal, high school counselor and parent. Please see “Special Admittance Policy” on page two of the HSE packet.
- Homeschool students must provide a copy of their current Private School Affidavit issued by the California Department of Education.
- Call 559-675-4141 in order to schedule an appointment with a college academic counselor who will review and sign your form.
- The college counselor will submit your packet to Admissions & Records.
- Admissions & Records will add the course to your schedule once Open Enrollment period opens for the semester.
The Madera Community College High School Enrichment Program is designed to provide potential high school students in the 11th and 12th grades an opportunity for advanced scholastic college-level coursework.
Counseling hours -
- Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Phone, Email, Zoom, Live Help options available
- Phone: 559-675-4141
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take classes at Madera Community College with other college students
- Earn college credit
High school students in the 11th and 12th grades who can benefit from advanced scholastic or vocational work may be eligible to enroll in college courses and receive college credit through the High School Enrichment Program (HSE), if their high school is participating in the college program. Effective Fall 2008, tuition is waived for students participating in the HSE Program.
To qualify for HSE a student must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of at least a 2.5
- Obtain approval from the high school principal, a high school counselor, and a parent.
- The student must have exhausted all opportunities to enroll in an equivalent course at their High School, including attempts to enroll in Advanced Placement (AP) High School courses.
- The student must meet all the necessary prerequisites for any course in which they wish to enroll
All courses listed in the Madera Community College schedule are available to the HSE student, providing these courses are not offered or are not generally available at the high school campus. Online classes need the approval of the Madera Community College Vice President of Learning and Student Success (see application link below for specific instructions).
High School Enrichment Application Process
High School Enrichment students are students who will be attending college while still enrolled in high school. Students wanting to take college courses while in high school may apply for admission online when the application opens for a specific term (see dates below).
HIGH SCHOOL ENRICHMENT APPLICATION OPENS
Summer & Fall
High School Enrichment Students must also complete and submit the “High School Enrichment Program Application Packet.” This includes signed forms from parent and high school principal.
Please Note: HSE students wishing to take an English or Math class must meet with any Madera Community College counselor prior to selecting one of those classes. The placement test is no longer required.
Please Note: Acceptance into the HSE program does not guarantee course placement.
- HSE students are now allowed to register for classes on the first day of open enrollment for the semester they are interested in enrolling (the date for open enrollment may be found in the schedule of classes for the semester you wish to enroll in).
- HSE students must attend class on the first day of instruction.
- HSE students will only be allowed to register for a course if they have been accepted into the HSE program, space is available and if they are eligible for the course.
Important Final Notes: Students should meet with their high school counselor to determine eligibility for a particular college course, and complete the High School Enrichment program application process before attending any Madera Community College course on the first day of instruction.
- Students need to complete a new High School Enrichment (HSE) packet for each new semester.
- High School students are eligible to take up to 11 units per semester.
- Incomplete HSE packet submissions will not be processed and will be returned to student.
- All completed HSE packets must be approved by a college academic counselor prior to registration. The College VP reviews and signs special admittance packets when student is 10th grade or lower, student is requesting more than two courses and/or more than 11 units, student is below the minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement or student has received a “D”. “F” “Incomplete” or “NP” in a prior enrichment course. VP signature for online instruction is currently waived under emergency remote teaching due to COVID-19.
- The student is responsible for initiating the HSE process, obtaining the required signatures, and scheduling an appointment with the college academic counselor. Once approved by a college academic counselor, the HSE packet will be forwarded to Admissions and Records for course registration. Any errors will result in the HSE packet being returned to college academic counseling.