To access online tutoring and resources, students must self-enroll for our Madera/Oakhurst Tutoring page on Canvas:
- Join the course by clicking (+Enroll).
- On Canvas, you should see a new course titled “Madera/Oakhurst Online Tutoring” on your Dashboard. It should also be listed when you select Courses.
- Go to the menu item labeled Home.
You have three (3) choices for online tutoring:
- Embedded Tutoring– students can find tutor schedules for many MCC courses, ranging from biology and chemistry to history, statistics, and political science
- Reading and Writing Tutoring– students can view the schedule to set up one-on-one appointments on campus or via Zoom, or “drop off” their drafts to receive personalized written feedback from a writing tutor
- Drop-in Tutoring– students can view the drop-in schedule to see when tutors are available in room R1B and/or online for drop-in help on a number of math and science-focused courses
Reading and Writing Center Online Tutoring
- You will see a few colored icons. The ones at the top correspond to the RWC’s three services this fall:
- Paper drop-off – to written feedback from a tutor, click on the red icon labeled “REQUEST WRITTEN FEEDBACK”
- In-person or online appointments – to work with a tutor on campus or on Zoom, click on the black icon labeled “RWC SCHEDULE”, find a time that works for you, then visit room R1B or call (559) 675-4846 to make an appointment. Check back often, as availability is sometimes updated.
Have any questions, comments, or concerns? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.