In order to remain eligible for EOPS services, students must honor the signed when they were admitted into the program. EOPS students must satisfy the following requirements during each semester:
- Meet with an EOPS counselor a minimum of three (3) times a semester
- The three (3) counseling appointments must be scheduled at least twenty-one (21) days apart to fulfill this requirement (one (1) appointment can be fulfilled with an EOPS Educational Advisor)
- Develop and update a Student Education Plan (SEP) with an EOPS counselor. (Completed during a student's first counseling appointment.)
- Enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of 12 units every semester
- Maintain a term GPA of 2.0 or higher
At the end of each semester the EOPS staff evaluates each student's academic progress. After reviewing each student file separately, a decision is made on which students will remain in the program and which students may be exited. This decision is ultimately made by the EOPS Director.
Note: Failure to meet any Mutual Responsibility Contract requirements may result in a reduction of EOPS textbook services.
Program Eligibility Limitations
An EOPS student may continue to participate in the program until one of the following occurs:
- Completes seventy (70) degree applicable units and/or completes six (6) consecutive semester terms in the program. (EOPS director may waive this limitation for high unit majors.)
- Fails to meet the Mutual Responsibility Contract requirements.
A student who is exited from the program may re-apply to the program after completing one semester as a non-EOPS student (summer does not count). However, the student must still meet all of the programs eligibility criteria at the time they reapply.
Other Student Responsibilities
- All EOPS students must participate in all required program activities. Students will be informed of their required activities via their college email and need to check it regularly.
- First-year EOPS program students are required to attend one Aiming 4 Success workshop each semester. This required workshop will be chosen by the EOPS Director and students will be notified via their college email.
- All EOPS students must attend counseling and workshop appointments outside of class time.