Veterans/Dependent Education Benefits

To Get Started

First, complete the steps required by Reedley College to become a student by following the Enrollment Steps.

Second, follow the instructions on How do I to start my Veterans/Dependent Education Benefit?

Students who are eligible for veteran education benefits are responsible for applying and submitting the necessary paperwork to establish veterans benefits at Reedley College. Reedley College Veterans Resource Center will directly assist students eligible for veterans education benefits by providing guidance, support, and information to students who are veterans, military members, and family members through the process and receipt of veterans benefits. If you need help you can call 559-638-0300 ext. 3400 or go to the Reedley College Veterans Resource Center located in Student Center room 105.


  • Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill (Active Duty): The MGIB program is available to veterans who served on active duty contributed $1,200 to the MGIB during their first 12 months of active duty service. Generally, benefits are payable for 10 years following release from active duty.
  • Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E): Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment is for veterans who have a service-connected disability. To receive services, a veteran must be found both eligible and entitled after applying and meeting with a VR&E Case Manager.
  • Chapter 33 - Post 9/11: The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
  • Chapter 33 Transfer of Entitlement - Post 9/11: The Post-9/11 GI Bill allows service members (officer or enlisted, Active Duty or Selected Reserve), on or after August 1, 2009, to transfer unused education benefits to immediate family members (spouse and children). The service member must have at least six years of service, and commit to an additional four years of service in order to transfer benefits to a spouse or child. Because of the potential impact of this benefit on recruiting and retention, transferability policy is determined by the Department of Defense (DoD) and the military services.
  • Chapter 35 - Survivor & Dependent Education Assistance: DEA provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition, or who died while on active duty or as a result of a service related condition. The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits.
  • Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve: The MGIB-SR program may be available to you if you are a member of the Selected Reserve. The Selected Reserve includes the Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard.

-College Fee Waiver Program for Veteran Dependents - To be eligible student must be a dependent child, spouses or unmarried surviving spouses of a service - connected disabled or deceased veteran. Program waives tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campuses.

Tuition Assistance

Benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. It pays up to 100% for college tuition expenses of its members. Each service has its own criteria to eligible.

Apply For Admission
Campus Map
Class Schedules
Financial Aid
Human Resources
Timely Warnings
Clery Report
District Police
Measure C
Other Colleges
Reedley College
Madera Community College at Oakhurst
Fresno City College
Clovis College
State Center Community
College District (SCCCD)
Progress & Performance
Strategic Planning
Associate Degree
For Transfer
Student Success