You must have a complete financial aid file and have received a 2021-2022 Financial Aid Award Letter email to begin the loan process.
Loan Borrower Instructions
Before you get started, you will need an FSA ID. (If you do not have an FSA ID, please visit http://www.studentloans.gov or https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to apply for one.)
Log in to the Federal Student Aid Student Loans site with your FSA ID and complete the following:
- Loan Entrance Counseling- Complete Loan Entrance Counseling for Undergraduates for Madera College. Print* a copy of your completed Loan Entrance Counseling confirmation page (located under ‘View My Documents’, select loan counseling and print Entrance Counseling) and attach it to the loan questionnaire.
- Master Promissory Note- Complete a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Madera College. Print* a copy of pages 1 and 2 of your completed MPN after you hit the “submit” button and attach it to the loan questionnaire.
You may also save web pages as a PDF and email them to our office. Instructions are:
- Select Print
- Change the printer to “Save as PDF/Adobe PDF”
- Name the file and save it to a location on your decide that you can find later. Attach the file in your email
Submit all requested documents to the Madera College Financial Aid Office
- Complete a Direct Loan Questionnaire and submit a copy of your completed documents from Step 1 for processing. (If you are emailing your forms, you must call the Financial Aid Office to verify receipt of them).
- Once your Direct Loan is processed, an award email will be sent to your Madera College email account.