Please apply through the California Community College (CCC) application called OpenCCC.
- Create an account
- Fill out an application
Call (844) 887-2223 for help with your application.
Madera Community College is part of the State Center Community College District (SCCCD). Within 24-48 hours, look for an “Admission Acknowledgement” email from SCCCD with your Student ID#. The email will come to the address you used when creating your account.
If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder.
Access your student email, Canvas, WebAdvisor, and other useful tools.
Log in to My Portal. Your username and password information are included in your “Admissions Acknowledgement” email.
Activate your email: In My Portal, open the Student Email app and activate your student email. Check your email daily!
IMPORTANT: Change your password within 45 days of receiving your Student ID# to avoid being locked out of My Portal.
For technical assistance , call (559) 499 -6072 or visit the technology help webpage.
The orientation can be accessed in My Portal in the “Resource Links” section.
- You will need your My Portal login information (instructions to log in).
- Choose “Enroll in Course."
- Once complete, your “orientation hold” will be cleared in 1 to 2 business days.
You do not need to do anything if you attended a State Center Community College District college (Fresno City College, Clovis Community College, Reedley College, Madera Community College (including Oakhurst).
Your counselor will let you know if you need to submit official or unofficial transcripts based on your educational goals.
Meet with a counselor to select your classes and create a Student Education Plan.
Only taking a few classes to transfer to your primary college? You may need to meet with a counselor to ensure all prerequisites have been met.
Call to schedule your 45-minute appointment. Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Madera Campus: (559) 675-4141
Oakhurst Campus: (559) 683-3940
What to bring to your appointment:
- High School Transcripts (if you have graduated high school within the last ten years)
- Unofficial College Transcripts (if you completed any college courses)
- Advanced Placement (AP) exam scores (if applicable)
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE FAFSA OR DREAM ACT APPLICATION
- Visit fsaid.ed.gov and create your FSA ID. An FSA ID is the username and password you will use to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- If applicable, your parent should create their own FSA ID. This will let them electronically sign your FAFSA. (Undocumented parents cannot create an FSA ID – they can sign your FAFSA on a paper form.)
- Visit fafsa.gov to apply. Madera Community College code: 042961.
DREAM ACT Application (For Undocumented Students)
- Visit dream.csac.ca.gov and create your account. Create a username and password.
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be created for your parent at the end of your Dream Act Application. This will allow your parent to electronically sign your Dream Act Application.
- Visit dream.csac.ca.gov and complete your Dream Act Application, as early as October 1 for the following school year. Madera Community College code: 04296100
STEP 2: COMPLETE YOUR FILE
- Check your SCCCD student email regularly. The Financial Aid Office will notify you if you need to correct your application or submit documentation.
- Submit any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office.
- Check WebAdvisor. On WebAdvisor, you can view your financial aid status, see if anything is missing under "My Documents,” and sign up for direct deposit.
Madera Community College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
30211 Ave 12
Madera, CA 93638
Fax: (800) 643-0518
Important Financial Aid Reminders
- Renew your FAFSA or DREAM ACT every year, starting October 1 for the following school year.
- To maintain your financial aid eligibility, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (minimum 2.0 GPA; credit for at least 67% of the total units attempted; and have attempted less than 150% of the maximum cumulative units for your program).
COMPLETE THE MCC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (OPTIONAL, OCTOBER 1 – MARCH 2 EVERY YEAR)
Madera Community College offers over 50 scholarships every year with awards ranging from $100-$2,000 per year. To apply for scholarships, view important deadlines, and find more information go to the Scholarship Office webpage.
Review the Registration Resources to learn how to register for classes.
Priority registration: Some student groups and programs receive an earlier priority registration date. Check your student email if you belong to a special program or group. You must complete steps 1, 3 and 5 prior to registration.
Questions? Check with your counselor.