Learn the skills needed to work as an EKG technician or EKG monitor observer. This 60-hour program is an accelerated course and is recommended for professional growth for medical professionals. Major topics include anatomy of the heart, patient contact, electrocardiography, and basic rhythm interpretation. The lab component of this course will teach you proper use of the EKG machine, procedures for Holter monitor, and stress testing protocols.
What You'll Learn
- Anatomy of the heart and cardiovascular system
- Theory and application of the electrocardiogram
- Cardiac rhythm interpretation
- Cardiac stress testing
- 12-lead EKG operational technique and interpretation
- Recognizing signs of heart disease and other cardiovascular disorders
- Purchase text book, heart rate ruler and calipers
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
- This is an accelerated course recommended for individuals working in the medical field
- Medical terminology or medical field experience is strongly recommended
- This is a fee-based program that is not for college credit
Online Registration Available
For questions: Email Rebecca Boyd, or call 559.243.7532 or 1.800.934.3339
Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the course start date are refundable, minus a $25 processing fee. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire course fee. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are responsible for payment.