Writing is a vital skill for private and public sector employees. Your work needs to be clear, concise, logical, and correct. This course will help you plan your written documents and choose the most effective way to present information to your audience. You will become a more competent and confident writer, with a stronger ability to use clear, consider, and correct language. The focus will be on improving proposals, reports, letters, memos, Email, and other written documents.
- Make points quickly, eliminate unnecessary words, and avoid the most common writing errors
- Organize thoughts and write with purpose and conviction
- Effectively plan for your audience, purpose, message, and tone
- Organize and edit content for clarity, conciseness, and correctness
- Improve written communication for internal and external audiences
Who Should Attend
- Private and public sector employees, working professionals who correspond with, or prepare documents for, internal and external audiences
What You Will Learn
- Value of writing
- Four Cs of writing (clear, concise, complete, and correct)
- Active/Passive voice
- Sentences and sentence types
- Manners, courtesy, practical language, and inclusive language
- Sentence construction and punctuation
- Writing business letters, effective emails, and memos
- Spelling, proofreading, and reviewing your writing
- Writing challenges
Dates & Times
- Tuesdays, June 13 & 20, 2023 | 1:00 - 5:00 pm
SCCCD Herndon Campus, 390 W Fir Avenue, Building A, Room 210, Clovis, CA 93611
- $160 per person, includes 2 (4-hour) sessions and class material
- $50 - with ETP for Qualifying Companies*
Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the course start date are refundable, minus a $25 processing fee. After that, cancellations are subject to the entire course fee. Please note that if you don't cancel and don't attend, you are responsible for payment.
Space is limited! Registration in advance required!
*Qualifying companies can send employees for a discounted rate of $50 - All Three Sessions. Contact Celia Zamora for additional information.
Call 559.243.7534 or email Celia Zamora with questions.